Personal touches from start to finish make a wedding so much more special to both the couple and their guests. Here are our top tips for customizing and adding details to your big day!
1. Invite Creativity: Personalized invitations will make guests feel welcome from the start. Put a creative touch on the basic invite by adding free-hand drawing, painting, or pictures. Unsure of how to begin? Enlist an artistic friend or relative for inspiration!
2. Dine in Style: Your reception should be fun and relaxing, so add details that make you and your guests feel at home. Help friends and family find their seats by making cute table cards and hanging them up near the front of the room. Table settings can be unique to each bride and groom. Try details such as candles, flowers, antlers, antique bottles and jars, and even old family photos! Wanting a change from the basic white tablecloth? Layer colorful fabric over it, and add ruching so that the white cloth shows through, or even reverse it with the color underneath. Personalize every place setting by writing each guest's name on cloth or paper doilies and placing them beneath clear or crystal plates. This is a sweet detail that everyone is sure to remember!
3. Delicious Details: Create a dessert display that caters to different tastes. Choosing a wedding cake that fits your style is much more important than trying to go over the top. Little treats such as cupcakes are a great addition as well and are easy to pick up between trips to the dance floor!
4. A Fond Farewell: Favors are a great way to acknowledge your guests. Fill mini Mason jars with something special such as hot chocolate or baking mix, candies, dried flowers, or candles, and place them near your exit. They will leave feeling very appreciated!
5. Show Your Smile: Many couples take a series of pictures during the time between the ceremony and making their entrance at the reception. Communicate ideas to your photographer so that you can add details, props, backgrounds, and elements that are unique to you. These are keepsake photos that should really represent your style and special bond. A signature photo is also a wonderful addition to your thank-you notes. You put so much time into creating a customized and special day, so capture it!
Event Styling & Design: The Event Company http://www.theeventcompany.net/Photography: Feather & Twine Photography http://www.featherandtwinephotography.com/
Florist: Emily's Floral Design
Models: Sophie Brame & Jordan Buys
Venue: 7F Lodge http://www.7flodge.com/